To San Diego and Back Again Part 2

LEGOLAND wasn’t the only place we visited down in San Diego (though we could spend a week there and never get bored!). Devin and her family took us to a some amazing places while we were there. We went to a lighthouse that was literally right on a cliff side. First we made our way down the cliff to the beach and an AMAZING little cove with beautiful rock formations and seashells and waves and the smell of the sea was so enticing. I could have stayed there forever. It felt like home. I love the ocean, like LOVE LOVE LOVE the ocean. The way it sounds, smells, feels, its intensity and calmness, how unforgiving and unpredictable it can be. Beautiful.

Anyway, kids and cliffs made for a very nervous situation for me. I was so afraid my stubborn and free willed daughter would take off and down she would go. I held my cool and just let things be and let her take it all in, let them be adventurous and let their curiosity take them where ever it did. They loved being out there. I loved watching them out there. Children are such brave little souls.


Too close for my liking…


Our little crabby friend…


Hard at work exploring…



There were these amazing holes in the sand on the cliff side, the kids were able to sit inside them!


See, what did I tell ya!


Me and my love


My 7 year old boy and his 13 year old attitude! So cute!

After our cliff side adventure we headed to the Point Loma Lighthouse. Our first lighthouse ever. It was amazing!


Loved this little story in a building with information about the military and the light house! I laughed… a lot.


The Kiddos.


The Sleeping Big Kid! He was more exhausted than the kids were!


San Diego from a distance. Saying Good Bye.

 

We had such a great time in San Diego hanging out with the Munro Family, movies and game night and driving adventures, beaches and legos, pizza and fruit salad, and the endless traffic and highway. Every bit of it was worth it. It was awesome to finally get to meet them all after so many years of internet chit chat and picture comments (At least for Devin and I, Lance has known them since high school!) Old stories and memories mixed with new ones. Next time we see them it will probably be on the east coast, actually we almost guarantee it! They are moving in just a few weeks and we are going to miss them a TON! I guess New York will be next on our adventures with the Munro family, if they will put up with us again!!! ;)

Comments

Joanna said…
I have not been there in forever!
Lovely pictures!