It seems as if time is not on my side lately. Its gone before I even know its there. So much has happened in April, birthday’s, holidays, t-ball games, school events, work and more work, and even a family field trip and only one catastrophe, which I think is a accomplishment.
Soo…the catastrophe. I think I can safely blame it on Lance. At that moment it wasn’t very funny, but now, we laugh and joke about it. Lance caught the BBQ on fire. Not just a little fire but a five foot flames kind of fire. He went out and fired it up, then came back in to get the burgers and all we heard from him was “Oh my goodness!!” My mom and I ran outside to see it blazing. It was pretty intense. So after two fire extinguishers and three beers later (forgotten by a family friend!) it was out. Our nerves were frayed and we were just seconds from calling the fire department and I had a phone in hand and ready to run out the other door with the kids (I seriously didn’t trust the propane tank!) but the fire was out and things were calm again. Then we finished cooking our dinner on the stove top
Fire extinguisher dust on the surrounding weeds…
Even the sky was on fire that day!
This happened only two days into April.
I wonder what kind of catastrophe May will bring.. hopefully nothing that catches on fire!!!
More April stories to come. I’m a bit behind. Like I said, not enough hours in a day!
Comments