Happy Valentines Day!!! (with a twist?)

Photobucket


Our Valentines day was pretty awesome. It started out with a 3am wake up call from xander telling us that his cartoons and night light werent on anymore. A bit puzzled lance and i got up to see what was going on... and to our surprise, the power had gone out!!! Earlier that night the lights had been flickering and the winder was around 50MPH. So we assumed that the wind had damaged something causing the power to go out, lol. It took nearly an hour and a half to get xander to go back to bed... in our bed none the less, lol... but eventually we all got back to bed!!


Later that morning, a construction worker was coming in to finish the last of six cracks that were in our ceiling.. so we had to get up super early... but we made the best of it. We made ourselves a really awesome Valentines day breakfast!! It kinda made up for the fact that lance had to work tonight til 10pm.

After breakfast we decided to take a trip to Turlock. I wanted to get some scrapbook stuff and an ice cream cake from Cold Stone :). Well we did what we need to do, i got the cake and Xander and I headed home.. lance stayed for work. About half way home, a dairy farm trucker pulled out in front of me and i slammed on my breaks!!!! Sending the nicely frozed ice cream cake flying to the floor of the car!!!!!!! I couldnt believe it!!!!!! Thank Goodness Xander and I were fine... but i was a bit upset about the cake. I pulled over and tried to salvage the cake. ... Thank goodness it was frozen.. its the only thing that saved me!!! It landed face first on my back pack and then flopped back on to the bottom. I picked it up from theh floor and put it back into its container, which some how managed to stay perfectly placed and untouched on the seat.



I got home... checked out the cake and the damage.. and the only thing i had to do... was cut the last inch of the bottom of the cake off and rewrite happy valentines day on the top... everything else was just perfect... litterally.





Anyway, everything ended up just fine. Dinner was great.. we had Pot Roast :) and the dessert was just as great... with a story that was as good as the cake tasted!!!!



I hope you all had a really great valentines day..
maybe one a little less eventful than ours, lol...

Lots of love,

us.

Comments

BeK said…
No use crying over spilled cake. Wait! It was Coldstone? Okay, crying is permitted. Nah, JK! I am glad your V-day turned out good in the end :) I am also glad to hear that you and Xander made it through the day unscathed :)