And we have a TEENAGER!


So much happened this summer. So many memories made and adventures had! One very important thing was a birthday. I'm a little late (July 2nd), but....

Xander is officially a teenager.




He's hit that magic number where everything begins to happen like a light switch has been turned on. One day he's my pre teen and all is well and then the day of his actual birthday arrives and it's like a switch has been flicked. The attitude, hormones, smells.. did I mention attitude? All that aside, he's a great kid. I couldn't ask for a better son. He's so good with his sister. He's kind, helpful, smart(ass), always thinking of others and determined. He is growing faster than I can keep up, towering over most of us these days, with no end in sight. I'm holding on as tight as I can while still giving him his big kid freedoms. It's difficult to sit back and watch him be so independent and self-sufficient most days. He loves to make pancakes and mac and cheese, he does his own laundry and we are finally to the point where he just does his homework (without asking!). Guitar has been a great abstract outlet for him, learning things so quickly on his own and during his lessons. He took on yearbook this year in school and is so excited to jump into the technology aspect of it. 




He has accomplished many things in his short 13 years of life. I can't wait to see what kind of amazing adventures and experiences his future holds for him. Just don't grow up too darn fast. I hope he enjoys life a bit. Remembers to laugh and have fun, to let go of the little things and don't let bad things or people drag you down. You are capable of amazing things. Keep your feet grounded but continue to reach for the stars. Don't settle for anything less than what you know you can achieve. You are growing into a wonderful human being. Don't let the negative harden your love or darken your soul, be kind, helpful and patient, Support others how you want to be support. Take care in the words you use and how you to talk to others. The world is full of chaos but it is also full of wonder. And it's all yours to experience and explore. Happy Birthday. Love you always.


Comments