Summer Adventures Part 2 School Events

 

The end of May was just as exciting as the beginning, if not more since school was nearing an end. When school ends that always means ice cream, fun road trips and sleeping in. Sleeping in being a priority for all of us! Also at the end of May are the School Olympics. Its always so much fun and all the kids are so proud of their accomplishments and all the kids get medals, not matter if they win or not. I love it and think its amazing experience for the kids.

They get to do opening ceremonies, a parade, and closing ceremonies. They get T-shirts with the country that represents their class and participate in events like track, the long jump, the javelin, and maybe other Olympics sports tuned down for the kids. It really is great!


Opening Ceremonies after they paraded around the field and being introduced by class, country and special achievements. Each class prepared three facts about their country to be shared with the on looking crowd.



Zoey was so patient that day. Though we had to strap her down to keep her from running away!


Did I mention the rocket launches?? The older grades, 4th and 5th I think, created and launched rockets. It was amazing, even though the wind threatened to take most of them away to middle of nowhereland.


Xander’s event was the Javelin. He did really amazing, he placed fourth, missing third by just a smidge. Super proud of that boy! He always has fun!


Best Buddies. They competed in the same sport this year. Not against each other, but together nonetheless. It was great seeing them together again, it had been a little while. If I remember right, they have been friends since they were about Zoey’s age, but I gave all my good brain power to my kids so I don’t remember actually dates!


Even though he looks unhappy, I promise he was excited to get his medal, and he was hot and tired and pretty sick that day. He actually only went to school just long enough to participate in the Olympics and then we took him home and he rested the rest of the day away. It was his last event at this school, the next year he would be transferring to a school closer to home. We didn’t want him to miss our and neither did he!

The week after the first graders had a pool day to celebrate the end of the school year. Last year it was canceled due to lack of heat, it was actually too cold to swim at the end of May last year! Almost unheard of! Unfortunately… I forgot to sunscreen the poor kid. He came home looking like a raccoon. He wore goggles all day and had beautiful red rings around his eyes. He became great friends with aloe and baby lotion. For me, lesson learned…the hard way.

My babies beautiful faces, one a little sunburned.

      

Comments