Before the storm…

The past week has been intense. The rain has been unwavering and has managed to flood our entire backyard. Everything is soggy and gloomy. Just today, Mother Nature threw all she had at us, rain, wind, pouring down rain, thunder and hail, did I mention the buckets of rain that so kindly fell from the sky? Don’t get me wrong, I love winter and all it has to offer, but so much at one time? And nine days straight? I’m thinking it’s a bit overkill, but hey, what are ya gonna do, mother nature has her own agenda. We will just keep looking forward to the day when the sun shines again and the blue skies show again. Soon, or at least we hope.

Not to long ago, it was like spring here. Early spring and beautiful. We took total advantage of the gorgeous weather. Told the kids, and the husband, that if they didn’t get out of the house and run off some of that winter energy, I was going to make them do some serious spring cleaning! It worked! They ran, they played, even played in the dirt (Zoey’s favorite!) played some baseball, ran laps with the doggie, and even hopped a few fences (to get our baseballs back, that boy has a great swing!). It was awesome and desperately needed. Our sanity was partially restored that day. I no longer felt the need to hibernate and hide away from the cold winter weather. I think I even had flip flops on that day! It was a great day. We need more days like that.

   

   

   

We played well into the late evening and the kids slept like angels.

Pure joy to say the least, and a bit of a tease since it didn’t last all that long.

We’ll be happy when spring decides to stay longer than just one short week.

Comments