It crept up on us so slowly, then it was Christmas morning and now here we are weeks later in the end of January. Where has the time gone? And who said it could go by so quickly!? I have found that as I have grown and wandered my way in to the adult world, it is hard to keep things like Christmas and birthdays and other family milestones from coming and going to fast. Perhaps that is a whole other blog entry… it bothers me though. I don’t like to miss things and sometimes it all happens so fast. Like I said, another time for all that, on to Christmas!
It was crazy this year. Not just wow we have a lot to do but like WOW there is so much to do and already so much going on! We had four Christmas’s! Christmas morning at home, then on the web cam with Lance’s fam and then on to the great grandparents house and then Auntie Nina’s house for more Christmas and dinner. Zoey passed out at 7pm that night and took a two hour nap. Both the little ones were totally done with Christmas by the end of the night, but not enough not to do one last Christmas light drive by. We roamed the neighborhoods, looking for those elusive decked out top to bottom houses and then headed home. Their beds were calling their names.
It was an amazing day, busy a bit insane, but the laughter and the smiles and giggles make all the chaos worth every minute. I just wished it would have lasted just a bit longer.
Here are some pics from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
So as belated as it is… Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a great holiday. I hope it took its time and you enjoyed every minute. I hope you all laughed and giggle as loud and hard as possible. I hope you smiled more than you ever have before. I hope you gave out more hugs than gifts and told all those wonderful people around you that you love them. I am so thankful and blessed to have the family that I have. I couldn’t imagine not having them all with me this time of year. And even though some are far far away, knowing that we love each other just the same gets us by.
I guess its on to the new year next…
Comments