Our Fall season starts out pretty slow out here on the west coast. Our tress don’t really change, the leaves just turn brown and fall to the ground, our weather is still on the warmer side, low 80’s, and we typically don’t get rain until late into October, earlier if we are lucky. We do get some amazing sunsets and cloud formations though.
and we can enjoy one last romp through the sprinklers
and with the Autumn Equinox, we decided to put our eggs to the test.
Yes we stood them on their ends. Quite amazing I must say.
Almost a whole dozen…
There is always a stubborn one…
And even though we don’t have a thousand leaves to jump in, and the air isn’t particularly chilly,
or any apple orchards to visit, we can do lots of other things.
Like giggle and take naps, enjoy the last of the summer blossoms, play video games and eat tasty donuts.
I must say, I am jealous of those very lucky east coasters
with their ever changing leaves and the bundle up chilliness.
I am jealous of the excitement of the very first snow fall and the first snowman of the season.
But I love our faux Fall our here in California. It’s like no other.
The flowers still bloom until November and you can practically wear flip flops year round.
You might even get away with out a jacket until December.
Its strange and unique.
It’s definitely a California thing.
Even though we probably wont see a single snow flake,
It’s home to us and we couldn’t imagine Fall any other way.
Though a bit late, Happy Fall everyone. Enjoy what is special to you this season.
Comments