The Sick Ones.

S7300055 
Its been about three weeks now and each week a new person has been sick…
S7300054
First it was Xander… he spent most of his days on the couch and in bed, cartoons and the occasional piece of toast and a bottle of pedialite. He even missed two days of school… he likes sick days…except for the whole being sick thing. 
S7300053 
Then it was Zoey.. She spent a whole day sleeping on the Thomas couch in the middle of the living room floor. Poor kid never really moved unless we picked her up to love her before she fell back in to deep sleep. She too could be found with a sippy full of pedialite and a cozy comfy blankie. And a paci too. 
S7300056

…And now this week Lance is the sicky!  He has been feeling pretty good except for the beginning of the mornings. Sore throat and lost voice and all that wonderful stuff. So far, I have managed to NOT get whatever it is. Xander had a crazy cold, threw up for two days and slept for three and came out of it with an ear infection. Zoey still has the cold, runny nose and cough. Took her to the dr. and found out she has an ear infection and has to go back on her inhalers to ease the chest congestion. It has been a blessing just to have a week in between each child and Lance. I think its easier rather than having three or more sick people at one time.  My poor babies, it kills me when they are sick, it makes you feel super helpless. All you can do is hold them tight and love them and wipe their cute little snotty noses!

Being a mommy is wonderful.

I love that these beautiful little people depend on me.

I love that I am able to teach them everything I know and learn with them the things that I don’t and how much they have taught me about life and myself.

I love how much joy and happiness they bring me.

I love every minute of every day with them, it’s amazing.

Anyway, now that I have swung way off the subject of being sick.. I think I am going to stop typing, if I continue, I might wander off again!

Okay, maybe off the path one more time… Joe flies in next weekend! Super excited about that! I think it’s been a year since we’ve seen him, perhaps a bit less.  Xander, I think, is more excited than we are, he' is already making plans for Joe, lol!! The mind of a five year old is a wonderful thing!

Sherena’s Birthday is today! Happy Birthday Sweet Girl… try TRY to stay out of trouble, we would love you to make it to 20!!  Wish we could be out there to celebrate with you! Have a wonderful day!

We have had Lance’s cousin, Meredith, in our thoughts and prayers, pregnant with twins she is. Her babies are coming soon, soon being tonight, or tomorrow morning, not too sure, we only know what we have read on facebook, but we are praying for their safe arrival and their mommy’s health.  Emmy, I’m sure will be a great big sister!

Comments