I woke up sunday morning from a rough night of sleep, feeling most well. That morning my dad and Lance and Xander all decided to put up the Christmas lights up outside and all the decorations. That gave my mom and I the perfect setting to finish all the house cleaning from thanksgiving. As the day progressed, I begun to feel more tired and a bit unconfortable, but I really didn't pay it much attention, and then I mopped, lol. I was hit with a really hard pain that nearly put me in tears! My mom pretty much knew at that moment. Lance grabbed a quick shower and so did I. Every 30-35 minutes or so I was having contractions, while suffering mild ones in the middle.
My grandparents were already on thier way over for dinner, so when they arrived we gave them the good news, most likely by the end of the night they would have another great grandchild! So I waited about another couple hours or so and decided it was finally time to leave for the hospital. The contractions started coming fast and fast and i was worried that a 45 minute drive would become a problem, lol! Lance put my bag in the car, we kissed Xander goodbye and told him the next time we saw him, his baby sister would be here, he was super excited!
We finally make it to the hospital, get registered and finally get into a room. And the funniest thing... when i was pregnant with Xander, I went into preterm labor and was addmitted to Doctors Medical Center, the same place I was going to deliver Zoey, and it was even crazier when they put me in exactly the same room, room 11! So, they came in... the same old stuff.. heres a gown and a cup to pee in.. so I went to change and pee in the cup, but when I was finished and was on my way out.. MY WATER BROKE! I couldn't believe it! lol. It shocked me more than anything else!
So far everything was pretty much by the book with this labor.. i went into labor on my own, on my actual due date and my water broke on its own.. and then we hit a snag. When they checked me, our little girl decided to put her hand in the way! They immediately called my doctor, called for an ultrasound machine and put a surgeon on call for a possible emergency c-section! I was soo scared. They decided to try and move her hand, which was incredibly painful... they were successful but told me its not always 100%, most of the time thier hand has the tendency to move back, putting both mom and baby at risk again, but at the moment things were good.
By the time I had arrived to the hospital I was already 5.5 centimeters. After being there for about two hours and waiting for them to finish my paper work, I was looking forward to my epidural... but by the time they came back I was at 8.5 centimeters and it was too late. The contractions were coming hard and fast and were practically on top of each other, I knew that soon, it would be time to finally meet my little girl.
It was only about an hour later when pushing began. I had only been in labor for about 5.5 hours or so, it had all happened soo fast! The greatest thing was that she kept her hand out of the way, we were very happy about that. Finally after about 30 minutes of pushing... or less... she was born. She was soo beautiful, a perfect shade of purple and she had the biggest set of lungs ever! She let out this beautiful cry, the greatest thing we had ever heard! The first thing I asked was if she was still a girl, lol, and if she had hair!
Of course, she was still a girl and she had beautiful dark brown hair! She was born on November 30th at 7:24pm and was a healthy 7lbs 10oz and 19.75 inches long. She was much small that I thought she was going to be. Xander was 9lbs 9oz so she was sooo tiny compared to him.
Two days later, after all her test came back normal and we both got a clean bill of health, we were able to go home, we couldn't wait! We were so happy to get home and spend time with both of our kids.
She is 6 days old now and doing great! She is eating about 3 oz at each feeding and sleeping anywhere from 3-5 hours at a time. She has her first dr. appt. on monday and im sure all will go well.
As for the rest of the family, Lance and I are doing well, a bit sleep deprived, but thats to be expected. Xander is loving his role as big brother, he loves to help feed her and change her diaper and read his favorite books to her. He is adjusting really well to all the new changes. He is doing wonderful!
I wanted to write this for all of our family that can't be out here with us. We miss you all greatly and hope to see you all soon!
We love you all!
Comments