Never take it for granted...

Today was a difficult day. Never lost anyone like the way we lost a member of our extended family yesterday. Everytime I got in to the car I felt my emotions swelling.. though we werent really that close, when something hits this close to home, its just unbelievable.. I couldnt ever imagine losing my child...I wont even try to understand what they could be feeling at this point. But.. out of a tragic and unimaginable situation, Its a lesson well learned. You never really think about what you do until something makes you stop and think... Is it really necessary to make it through that yellow light? Does the few more seconds it takes to come to a full and complete stop at the stop sign make that big of a difference??? What about speeding..doing 70 in a 55 doesnt get you there any faster than doing the speed limit... it only makes it a more dangerous trip. What about driving when you are tired... does it all still make sense to you?? why wait until something tragic happens to give you the wake up call that you need. Think about it next time you are driving somewhere.. then think about your family and those who you would be affecting... can someone be so selfish to only think about only themselves??? I saw pictures of the wrecked car and the accident site. I must say that with all the accidents that we have had within the three families, we are all incredibly lucky... my sister had a near fatal accident, so did the son of our other family friend... I nearly crashed into the back end of a big rig four years ago driving down 152 for the first time by myself... and for some God Given reason, I lived... but can we be that luck a second time around... I cherish my life and all those that are in it.. I LIVE for my child and my future children... never again will I be so wreckless with my driving or think that these things can never happen to me.. how could i be so nieve to thinking I am invincible... I am not immortal and neither are those that i love. To see the pain in the faces of the parents who lost thier son yesterday.. I never want to feel that and I never want to burden someone else with that kind of pain either... YES ... THIS IS A HUGE WAKE UP CALL FOR ME.... not that I have ever put myself or my family in any kind of serious danger..but I have never had an accident or a speeding ticket in the four years that i have had my license... and I always say that...but being overly confident with that.. could put myself in danger and my family... Please.. for the love of your family and your life and that life of those around you... Be resposible when you drive.. dont drive tired..dont drink and drive ... dont do drugs and drive... Have some common sense... I know.. i know.. im rambling.. this has hit so close to home and so close to our hearts... let this be a lesson learned for all of you also... dont wait for it to happen in your own family before you get the picture.... Dont take life for granted.. you never know when in the blink of an eye... everything could be over... Love, Kim

Comments