What a great weekend!!

So this past week and weekend has been so great and sooo busy!!! All last week I was working on a baseball cake for a surprise party for a friend whose husband was coming home from Korea in the army. I was also working on my own birthday cake, lol!!! On Friday night, my family and I went over to a family friends house for dinner and to kind of celebrate my birthday. Since my birthday was so close to mothers day, we always celebrate mothers day instead, no big deal. I think im old enough to deal with it, lol! We had a really great night that night. Both the cakes turned out really well. Makeing my own cake this year really allowed me to work on my shells (and writing which definitly needs some work, lol). I went through two chocolate cakes last week :(. The first one was so incredibly dense, i wouldnt want to eat it!!! Then the second one decided that it was too good to release from my pan. So when i tipped it to pop it out, the whole left side just broke off and stuck in the pan... i was so upset. I used it anyway and just cut out what i could save and pieced it back together. There just wasnt any time to make another one, but in the end, it all worked out!!
This past saturday, me, lance and Xander were invited to a surprise party for our friends husband. He is in the army and was coming home from Korea. It was sooo much fun!! Xander and lance spent most of the day in the pool!! I wasnt really in a swimming mood, so i just sat on the edge and watched all the kids have fun. There was music and dancing and drinks and great food! There were also people getting throw into the pool, which was so incredibly funny!! I made sure to keep camera in hand and sitting down so i didnt become a victim, lol!! Anyway, there were some awesome people and friends there, and we cant wait to do it all again.
We were so tired from having such a great time, we came home, grabbed a blanket and put on a movie. Xander was out within the hour and Lance and I got to play some halo 2 for the first time in a lot of weeks, lol.
It was really awesome playing halo that night. We got to play with a friend that hasnt been on in a while. That was great. We also got to play with a friend who we havent even talked to in about a year, and that was really awesome also. Hopefully, next weekend they will be on again :D.
This week, I get to make another Birthday cake, A Shrek Theme for a
two year old little girl that just absolutly LOVES Shrek!! I cant wait to start tomorrow :D its going to be really fun!!!
Well, until next time guys! Thanks for reading!

Comments